Solid Top-Five Finish for Elliott Sadler and the No. 11 OneMain Financial Team at Phoenix International Raceway
Post Race Highlights:
• Elliott Sadler and the No.11 OneMain Financial team started from the 15th position in Saturday's NASCAR Nationwide Series Dollar General 200 at Phoenix International Raceway.
• The green flag dropped on the 200-lap event, and Sadler began to pick off positions, moving into 11th by lap 18. The OneMain Financial driver relayed to the team that the right-rear was too stiff, and a caution on lap 38 provided the Joe Gibbs Racing team the opportunity to change the right-side tires, make a chassis adjustment and add fuel.
• Sadler was shuffled back on the restart from seventh to 10th as he continued to fight the handling on the No. 11 OneMain Financial Toyota. With another caution period on lap 101, crew chief Chris Gayle called Sadler down pit road for four tires, fuel and a chassis adjustment to try to alleviate the right-rear issue.
• Going back to green-flag racing in 11th, Sadler was able to narrowly miss an accident as the No. 12 car swiped the wall and another car, forcing Sadler to move down the track. The OneMain Financial Toyota did not sustain any damage, and Sadler methodically moved into sixth by lap 150 as the yellow flag waved for an accident in turn four.
• The Joe Gibbs Racing crew went to work on the No. 11 Toyota for the final time of the day, changing the right-side tires and adding fuel. Coming off pit road ninth, the driver focused on one car at a time and moved into sixth as the field was slowed for the final caution of the event on lap 172. Gayle opted not to pit, as the tires were still fresh and the Toyota Camry was good-to-go on fuel to the end of the race.
• Restarting in the fifth position, Sadler held off a charge from behind to cross the finish line fifth, earning his first top-five finish of the 2013 Nationwide Series season. JGR teammate Kyle Busch scored the organization's first Nationwide Series victory of the year.
• After the second of 33 Nationwide Series events, Sadler moved from 12th to fourth in the Nationwide Series driver championship point standings, 10 points behind the leader.
Elliott Sadler Quotes:
"I am so proud of this whole OneMain Financial team. I kind of put us in a hole by qualifying in the 15th position, especially since it is all about track position here. Chris Gayle (crew chief) and the guys did a great job on the adjustments for this car, and we had great pit stops from the JGR crew. We are happy with a fifth-place finish and that this car is in one piece. We just have to keep learning and keep battling and keep moving ahead. If we can do that, we will be in good shape. We will pick up and move to Vegas."
Elliott Sadler Box Score Info:
NASCAR Nationwide Series
Dollar General 200
Phoenix International Raceway
Race 2 of 33
Points Position: 4th (-10)
Las Vegas Motor Speedway
March 9, 2013
About OneMain Financial
OneMain Financial provides personal loans with one-on-one, local service at branches nationwide. With roots in lending that date back to 1912, we have been helping people achieve their goals and dreams for generations. Our personalized loan solutions offer customers a simple and straightforward loan application, fixed rates, fixed payments, clear terms and multiple payment options. For more information, please visit www.OneMainFinancial.com/Sadler